YachtLife Terms & Conditions
Booking & Payment
- No person may make more than one booking per trip on the same week without express written permission. If you wish to request permission, please contact info@LBWtravel.com
- We reserve the right to change your ship to one of the same level & quality.
- If we impose a ship change to either a higher quality ship or a lower quality ship than what you signed up for then you will have the option of accepting the change to another ship at the offered rate or another date if we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or you may cancel and receive a full refund of all monies paid (excluding any amendment charges). Should you decide to cancel, you must do so within 14 days of being informed of the price increase or ship change.
- It is your responsibility to check the payment dates and ensure that your payments have been made in accordance with the payment instalment plan. Failure to pay an instalment by the correct date will mean LBW will have the right to cancel the booking with no refund. If you prefer you can pay the entire balance in a lump sum prior to the deadline to avoid this situation. If you require an extension you can request one in writing to LBW by emailing info@LBWtravel.com. If the extension is granted we will confirm in writing by email & there will be a late fee of $50.
- Your spot will not be confirmed until you have made your deposit payment of $200. We will process sign ups in the order in which we receive the deposit payments. Your deposit of $200 is non refundable/non transferable.
- Cancellation must be received in writing via email to info@LBWtravel.com. If we do not respond to your cancellation, then it has not been processed, so please follow up within 72hrs if confirmation isn’t received.
- The charges for cancellation are as follows based on the value of your booking:
From booking date to 90 days before event date- 50% of tour value. Between 90 days and event date- 100% of tour value.
- Ship change requests will be accommodated if available at the discretion of LBW Travel. There will be a fee of $150 to change ships.
- If you are unable to attend the trip you can transfer your spot to another person to avoid cancellation fees. You must inform LBW of the change in writing & pay a $150 transfer fee to make the name change. (Must be within the age range for LBW Trips 18-30).
- If you have booked flights through LBW Travel and cancel after the flights have been booked, then there will likely be a cancellation fee from the airline which varies depending on airline & ticket booked. In addition to this there will be a $100 flight cancellation fee from LBW.
At Booking: $200 to Secure your Spot
By January 15, 2017: $900 Due
March 30, 2017: Full Payment Due
Please note that the deposit and second payments are required on the due dates in order to secure/maintain your spot on the tour. If we do not receive your second payment by January 17, we will assume you are unable to join us and you will lose your spot on the tour. The final payment is due by March 30, 2017 and any late payments will receive a monthly $50 extension fee.
LBW does not sell travel insurance. However, you must buy travel insurance before going on holiday. If you are sailing, you should make sure that your insurance policy covers adventurous activities such as sailing. Please read your policy carefully to ensure it complies with this requirement. It is a condition of your booking that you have a suitable travel insurance policy in place. LBW accepts no liability to those who travel without travel insurance in breach of this clause. CLICK HERE TO VIEW WORLD NOMADS TRAVEL INSURANCE.
If, while on holiday, your behaviour poses a danger to you or those around you, causes or is likely to cause damage to people or property, breaches any local law, or causes a public nuisance LBW will have the right to cancel your booking without paying you any refund. This means (among other things) that you could be made to leave a yacht you have booked mid-way through your booking.
LBW may collect still and video images of you during the course of your holiday for advertising and promotional purposes. By booking through LBW you agree that such images may be collected and used by LBW however LBW sees fit including commercial use and sale of the images. The images may be cropped, altered, combined or otherwise edited. You also agree that LBW will retain ownership of all rights in connection with such images. If you do not wish to be on camera/ video then bring this to the attention of LBW by sending an email to info@LBWtravel.com before the commencement of your holiday. This should include the name and contact details of the person who does not wish to be photographed or videoed along with your booking number and contact details.
I have read and understand that there are limits to the liability of Life Before Work based upon the fact that I will be visiting a foreign country with its own laws and customs and Life Before Work will be engaging subcontractors on my behalf;
I hereby confirm that I have read and understand the following:
- It is hereby understood that the standard of care of Life Before Work is limited to that of an ordinary tour operator to make reasonable inquiries as to the reliability and reputation of any sub-contractors or agents, it is understood that the resources of Life Before Work are limited in that regard by their location in Canada, is not a licensed tour operator at my destination(s) and therefore must engage sub-contractors and agents and is without staff or permanent agents at my proposed destinations, and it is acknowledged that I am responsible to make my own independent investigations or inquiries if I have any concerns.
- I hereby confirm that I assume the normal risks of travel to my intended destinations and participation in the activities I am seeking, confirm that accidents, property damage, serious bodily injuries, and fatalities can occur during adventure travel and confirm that any recourse I may have therefore will lie only directly against the airlines, hotels, inns, restaurants, travel agencies, transportation providers, tour guides, visited sites or other contracted entities and employees or associates thereof. I understand that if I chose to travel in the ocean, on highways, railways, roads, or streets I do so at my own risk and release Life Before Work from liability for any damages, injuries, or death that might occur to me or anyone else.
- Knowing that risks exist I hereby release and save harmless Life Before Work, it’s employees, agents, and volunteers, from any liability whatsoever in relation to the arrangements and my participation in the programs or tours arranged PROVIDED HOWEVER THAT nothing in this document relieves the liability of any contractor with whom I have directly contracted or Life Before Work has contracted on my behalf, notwithstanding that the arrangement was facilitated by Life Before Work OR relieves Life Before Work from liability arising from deliberate acts by their employees or fraud or theft by them.
- I understand that I am responsible to place and must have in place insurance for overseas health care for sickness or injury, trip cancellation and emergency repatriation to my home and confirm that I will make no misrepresentation respecting the status of my current health to the my insurer.
- Valid Passport: The Client must be in possession of a valid passport required for entry, departure and travel through each destination point along the itinerary of the tour, (passport must be valid 6 months past the return date), all visas, permits and certificates including vaccination certificates, insurance policies, required for the whole of the journey. The Client accepts full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the tour, and is solely responsible for any adverse consequences resulting from missing or defective documentation. Any information or advice given by the Company regarding visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, etc. is purely advisory, provided as a courtesy to the Client, and the Company is not responsible for any errors or omissions as to the information provided by third parties such as the appropriate governmental authorities.
- I understand that Life Before Work is not responsible for any possessions that I take on my tour, that they may be at risk and acknowledge that I have been advised to minimize the value of possessions and to acquire insurance for the loss or theft of valuable possessions and that my standard homeowner coverage is likely inapplicable. (i.e., Leave the diamonds, gold, cash, important hard-drive data and superfluous camera lenses at home.)
- I understand that there are strict laws at my intended destination respecting possession of banned substances or participation in inappropriate conduct including but not limited to sexual contact with minors, agree to abide by the laws of the land, and understand that Life Before Work has a zero tolerance policy for breaches of local laws which will result in immediate termination of our arrangement following which Life Before Work will have no further responsibility for me or further obligation to provide services and I will be on my own.
- I understand that my deposit is non-refundable but can be used towards any tour in the future (Lifetime Deposit). In regards to the lifetime deposit, if you cancel more than two tours it becomes null & void.
- I understand that Life Before Work has promotional pricing from time to time and those prices are for new customers only and do not apply to people who have made their deposit already. Unless otherwise stated each tour can only have one discount applied. Certain discounts and promotions are available only through direct bookings on our website, and unavailable through third-party booking sites.
- I understand that promo-codes for discounts may only be used at the point of purchase and cannot be combined with any other sale or promotion.
- I understand that there is a $45 late fee added to the sign up fee when signing up for a tour that is within two weeks of the departure date.
- I understand that LBW requires a minimum of 72 hours notice prior to the start date of my tour to notify them if I will not be attending the tour in order for my deposit to be transferrable to a future tour. If I do not notify LBW prior to 72 hours of the start date, I will be considered as a "no show" client and my deposit will be considered null & void and all tour payments will be forfeited.
- I understand that all advertised prices that include flights are based on the price of the land only cost, plus the minimum flight allowance, but does not include the mandatory $50 CAD flight booking fee. If the flights that I choose to be booked for my tour work out to cost more than the flight allowance, then it is my responsibility to pay for the difference in flight costs, plus the $50 flight booking fee. For example, for departures from Western Canada, the price of the 6 week Treasures of Thailand tour cost is $2890, with the minimum flight allowance of $1400 for round-trip flights, comes to a total of $4290; therefore, if the cost of the flights when booked comes to any amount greater than $1400, I am then responsible to pay for the difference in costs, as well as the mandatory flight booking fee of $50 CAD (thereby, if your flights came to $1600, your total tour cost would come to $4540.) If, however, your flight costs equal the minimum flight allowance, you will only then be responsible for paying the mandatory flight booking fee of $50, bringing your total tour cost to $4340.
- I understand that by booking my tour less than three months prior to departure, I am increasing the likelihood of flight costs being greater than what the website is quoting because prices are based on the average cost of flights from my departure location selected. The closer I wait until the departure to request flights from LBW, the higher the probability that those flight prices will have increased. I also understand that if I book my tour within 4 weeks of the tour start date, or if I have failed to make my flight payment by the required deadline, then LBW reserves the right to request I book my own flights as the quality of flights available by that time may not meet the standards that LBW holds when booking flights for our travellers.
- I understand that Life Before Work has the right to cancel any tour 30 days prior to departure if there is not enough people on the tour. I can choose to get a full refund or choose another departure date.
- I also understand that Life Before Work reserves the right to cancel any trip or make any changes to itineraries, departure dates or return dates without refund occasioned by circumstances that arise that make the booking impossible which are out of Life Before Work's control by the actions or policies of subcontractors including airlines, occasioned by dangerous weather, natural disasters, war or insurrection.