Please note that this position is hired on an as-needed, contracted basis, and we will collect resumes until we have a position available. We receive hundred of applicants a week for this role, so we apologize if don't hear back from us in a timely manner, but know that your application is filed and will be reviewed when a role opens up!
- You are the master of a good time on the LBW Tours!
- You must be fully knowledgeable about every single location that the tours visit
- Ensure that everything on the tours is organized and perfectly executed
- Ensure that there is always an activity option for those who would like one on the tours
- Ensure the safety of the tour
- Be able to make judgment calls to ensure 100% satisfaction
- We hire 80% of the guides we have from people who have been on an LBW tour already so that we know that they know their stuff and that they have the right personality for the position.
- We hire another 15% from people who are LBW Interns or LBW Promo reps who want to try out a new position so we recommend applying for one of those positions if you have not yet travelled with LBW and want to be a guide.
- 5% of guides are hired through application without prior knowledge or experience with LBW
- You are the type of person that is friends with everyone
- “People person”
- Master of organization
- Good with budgets and numbers with excellent recording skills
- At least a beginner level in the local language
- Fantastic communication skills both written, oral and the universal language of hand signs when there is a language barrier
- All of your travel expenses will be covered along with a daily living allowance
- This is a long term position for those interested in creating a career in the travel industry
- 1 round-trip flight per year home
- Our staff is our best asset so we endeavor to treat them as such. Expect bonuses for great performance, attractive pay, and discounted travel!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Travel Experience Coordinator
Location: Edmonton, AB
Life Before Work Travel specializes in action packed unique backpacker style group tours in the most amazing destinations on earth & our client service coordinators are responsible for creating a remarkable experience for our guests through one-on-one telephone/email contact to arrange a memorable tour experience, and provide information for guests with varying needs. Our client service team is often the first point of contact for guests and plays an essential and crucial role in displaying the Life Before Work brand. They place a high degree of emphasis on creating a remarkable experience that promotes the image of our company.
Our customer service team must possess effective problem solving skills, consistently provide exceptional guest service and must be willing, and able, to contribute to the development of a growing team.
- You will be, in most cases, the first point of contact with new clients and provide information about LBW products to potential clients.
- Communicate professionally with potential clients and provide exceptional information in every situation.
- Learn the products (by heart) and be able to describe features and benefits to customers depending on their needs
- Strive towards meeting the teams sales targets.
- Use effective communication skills and sales techniques to help our guests choose the best travel experience for them.
- Provide post-sale support, such as changing and cancelling reservations or booking flights for their package.
- Effectively research and make decisions based on the information you have available to you, while balancing the needs of the guest with the needs of the business.
This is a great entry position to start a career with LBW Travel as you will learn a lot about how the company functions in this role and you will have the opportunity to progress into new positions as your performance permits. Our staff is our best asset so we endeavour to treat them as such. Expect bonuses for great performance and discounted travel!
- Well travelled
- Post secondary a plus (especially a travel/business related program)
- Minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute.
- Experience in a sales environment and/or customer service related capacity.
- Experience booking flights would be great, but not required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Very strong team work and team interaction abilities.
- An ability to take ownership and to work on your own with little or no supervision at times.